The Report Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a type of pulmonary hypertension results from high blood pressure associated with arteries of the lungs. In PAH, the arteries of the lungs (pulmonary arteries) become narrower than their actual size, giving rise to high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs thus putting pressure on the right ventricle of the heart. Some of the main causes of occurrences of this disease are bad habits such as stressful lifestyle, intake of certain medicines etc. There is no exact treatment available for PAH but existing medication may help treat the symptoms. Moreover, if not treated in time the condition may worsen, because continuously straining the pulmonary arteries will put strain on the heart’s functioning and can be life threatening.
The global PAH market is set to grow at a healthy growth rate due to increasing number of patients identified with PAH, increased competition among existing products, advancement in treatment options and more efficacious therapies. Some of the major drugs available for the treatment of PAH include Letairis (ambrisentan), Adcirca (tadalafil), Tracleer (bosentan), Ventavis (iloprost), Tyvaso (inhaled treprostinil), Remodulin (treprostinil), Veletri (epoprostenol) and Revatio (sildenafil). Revatio, Remodulin and Letairis/Volibris were some of the leading drugs in some of the major geographies such as the U.S., Spain, U.K., France, Germany, Italy, and Japan. The PAH market is segmented on the basis of mechanism of action which includes platelet aggregation inhibitors, serotonin pathway antagonists, angiotensin receptor antagonists, endothelin receptor antagonists, PDE5 inhibitors, phosphodiesterase inhibitors, P2Y 12 receptor inhibitors, nitric oxide synthetase inhibitors and prostacyclin (PGI2) agonists.
Some of the key market players profiled in this report include Novartis AG, Bayer AG, Eli Lilly and Company, SanofiAventis, Pfizer Inc., Cipla Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Daiichi Sankyo Co., Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., United Therapeutics Corporation, Gilead Sciences, and Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd., among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Browse Blog : Transparency Market Research